Friday, February 18, 2011

Process Reflection #1

In the beginning of this week I worked on my symbolic portrait and tried to figure out what I needed to do or order to be able to finish it. I struggled trying to think of a way that I could get my portrait to come though and to fill a lot of empty space. I decided that I would make it smaller and basically cut the two main parts that I had and glue them together while adding a background of a sunset/rise in pastel. 
 



This week I also started to think about what I was going to do for my independent project. I knew that I wanted to possibly paint a picture that was abstract for my room. Online I found a picture that was similar to something that I would like to create. I decided on a series of three paintings being the same thing only in various colors. So far I was able to put the frames together, stretch the material over them, and paint them. My biggest challenge might have been trying to find three frames that were the same sizes. I wasn't able to find any so I compromised on one that was a bit bigger to go in the middle of the other two.

My next steps are finishing both my symbolic (which isn't going to take that long) and also start the actual painting on my paintings for my independent project.

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing you make that symbolic portrait smaller...such a good solution to the design problem at hand.

    ReplyDelete