Monday, January 3, 2011

Visiting artist: Hamlett Dobbins.

There are too many great works of art that Hamlett has created to choose just one. But one painting that stuck out to me is the, "untitled (the split)"I like this painting because I enjoy the choice of color that Hamlett chose to work with and it reminds me of somewhere warm and tropical. It seems as if there is a sandy beach and water and there seems to be a flower of some sort. Wheather or not this was to be intended, that is how I interpreted it.


My question is why he chose to work with the mamterials that he uses and what gives him inspiration the most (is he just inspired when he is moved or does inspiration hit him from nowhere and he crates for the pure joy of it?)...and what the meanings are behind the paintings...and why I can't click on all of the pictures...didn't understand Hamlett Dobbins' chronology...do you sketch, put it on the computer, then onto canvas?

No comments:

Post a Comment