Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pile of sticks.

A few minutes after starting, I realized how hard it is for me to just draw lines on a page and had to start over again. For me, the hardest thing is trying to get everything perfect, and just drawing what I felt like random lines was really hard. I would just look at the pile of sticks, and draw without looking at my page. When I did look at my page however, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. It didn't look close to the drawings that I had seen before or the actual pile of sticks for that matter. But Ms. Robbers told me to continue on and I did. (Of course, it is mandatory to draw on these days.) After getting frustrated I started to do what I do best. Detail. So I went and saw a few familiar shapes and from there started to sketch the pile in more detail. After a bit, the blob on my paper started to take a defined (as much as a pile of sticks can be defined) shape and in the end, I feel that it looks accurate and I am happy with it...however it could be a little bit bigger on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment