Monday, November 1, 2010

Beauty In the Eye of the Beholder

When I started the glass half full project, I had no idea what to do. Eventually, I decided that I wanted to do my project on women and how there are good thing and also bad. However, the bad good and bad things were really hard to translate onto paper. Then I had the idea of working with the   medias image of beauty verses natural beauty. With the consent of Ms. Robberts, I combined the concepts into one picture. I emphasized the two different faces and made all of the other images in black and white. I was able to do this by glueing all but the two faces that were going to be in color and copied them into black and white. After that, I glued the two faces on. The two faces are so different, one of them has a lot of makeup on, and the other one is very natural looking. These faces are definitely the first thing that people see when they look at the collage. After they see the faces, they see the surrounding faces. I think my point was successful in making people see the differences between the two concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment